Anti-Bush despite my dream in which I was Laura Bush and loved George and was so grateful to him for making me the First Lady that - although I knew he was really doing a bad job - I decided I was going to work for his re-election because being the First Lady was so much fun and I sure didn't want to give it up...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fred Mattlage: Peace Hero

It's growing. Support for peace and accountability is growing.

Support for pulling our sons and daughters out of the wretched and ill-conceived war in Iraq is growing.

Support for the Rosa Parks of the peace movement, Cindy Sheehan, is growing.

And people are blogging all over the net about it.

To my atheist friends, forgive me, but : Alleluia! Praise God!

In addition, Fred Mattlage, a cousin of the infamous Larry who fired a gun to frighten the protestors, has stepped up and offered the protestors his land to camp on, in order to assure their safety.

So, how about y'all send postcards to Fred Mattlage of Crawford, Texas with big ol' Thank You's on 'em.

Way to go, Fred!

It can't be easy to stand up to your neighbor the President and all the people around him who persist in maintaining the war in Iraq has merit. And when the protestors go home, he's still going to have to live in that community.

He's a hero. The kind of hero who steps up and makes a commitment.

The kind of hero like our founding fathers who put their lives and livelihoods on the line for humanity's soul over the interest of powermongers.

Fred Mattlage is an every day hero. Write and let him know care of:

Crawford Peace House
9142 East 5th St
Crawford, TX 76638-3037

I'm sure the people there will see he gets them.

Also, consider making an on-line donation to the Peace House which has supported Cindy's protest from the planning stage and could use funds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter