Anti-Bush despite my dream in which I was Laura Bush and loved George and was so grateful to him for making me the First Lady that - although I knew he was really doing a bad job - I decided I was going to work for his re-election because being the First Lady was so much fun and I sure didn't want to give it up...

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Give 'Em The Bird


This bumpersticker can be bought on-line by clicking on the link to the right that says "Save PBS." Posted by Hello

Clever girl.

Killing two birds in one - oh, sorry Big Bird, bad choice of words.

What I mean to say, isn't language amazing? Four little words say: Give your kids Big Bird and Kermie and all the characters you love. But they also say, raise your middle finger to the heathens who have no concern about the character or spirit of our children - and force them to back off on gutting PBS and NPR.

For those of you who think NPR is a football franchise, it's not.

Those letters stand for National Public Radio which is always entertaining, informative and insightful especially to curiosity geeks who are so fascinated by the details of the world that they not only keep blogs, but read the blogs of other people.

I haven't sruck a big ol' honking nerve there, have I?

Don't worry. I'm guilty as charged. Up at 3 a.m. gaping at the wonder, the marvel of being able to read about life in Singapore or Australia and see pictures. I'll tell you, it's an argument to learn more languages just to be able to stop seeing other languages as "gobbledegook" but as the powerful and eloquent tools for communication that they are.

But, hey, we've got command of English - more of less - (see what I mean) and that's what those boys listed below understand, next to that universal language called "money."

So call 'em and - with perfect elocution - say: Hands off PBS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter